Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TSM's Lustboy: "I think I am probably top 1 or 2 in LCS"



 Facebook Twitter

After the squad's recent win over Team Liquid, Ham "Lustboy" Jang-sik took a moment to speak with theScore eSports about the match, other LCS supports, and the accomplishments of other NA Korean imports.

You have played against Chae ”Piglet” Gwang-jin in Korea and now in North America. How do you think he is different from his SKT days?

I think Piglet still plays as well as he did back in Korea, but because communication is such an important factor in a game like League of Legends. Piglet, who still lacks the ability to communicate properly in English, is unable to unlock his full potential.

What do you think about today’s game versus Team Liquid? Do you think they put up a good fight? What mistakes did they make?

Even though Team Liquid played the early game quite well, they made lots of mistakes during rotations, and their team fighting wasn't so great either.

Comparing yourself with the other LCS supports, where would you rate yourself and the others?

I think I am probably top 1 or 2 in LCS. Even though I didn't originally think I would rank myself that high, when I actually think if there are any players that I could rate higher than myself, there's really no one.

You've played in OGN finals, WCG finals, and at Worlds. Next you'll play at Madison Square Garden for the title. How does this compare to your previous finals and big events?

Because I've played on big stages before in my career, I'm neither worried nor nervous about playing at MSG. However, unlike the previous stages, MSG is an actual traditional sport stadium, so I'm excited about playing there.

You are the only NA Korean import to make a NA LCS final. Why do you think your Korean peers have continually failed?

Like I answered before, communication is key in League of Legends. Other Koreans lack in that department, and they tend to make many mistakes because of it.

Since you guys are heading to the finals versus CLG, are you confident that TSM will take the series and why?

This time around, CLG is actually looking really strong, so I cannot confidently say that we will beat them. That being said, I think as long as we are able to win the bottom lane match up, it should be an easy match.

This interview was conducted with assistant from Jiwoon Yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment